A valid passport with entry visa is required for all visitors issued by the Myanmar Embassies and consulates abroad. A tourist visa allows a stay of 28 days and cannot EXTENDED ( please note no extension period ). A business visa allows a stay of 10 weeks, extendable up to 12 months on case-by-case basis. Visa on Arrival is granted on prior arrangement (pre arrangement Visa) with the Ministry of Hotel and Tourism. Infants and children also require a separate visa even traveling on parent’s passport. Packages tour visas can be done for person arranging tour through registered local tour company or their agents abroad.
Weather & Climate
- Myanmar enjoys a tropical climate.
- Hot Season – March to May with average temperature 30-35 C.
- Rainy Season – June to September with average temperature 25- 30 C.
- Cool Season – October to February with average temperature 20- 24 C. Cool season is the best time to visit Myanmar.
Local Time In Myanmar
- GMT + 0 London 0030 hrs on Monday
- GMT + 7 Bangkok 0730 hrs “
- GMT + 8 Hong Kong 0830 hrs “
- GMT + 6.5 Yangon 00700 hrs on Monday
At the port of entry all foreign currencies and cameras must be declared to a custom officer. Export of antiques and archaeological objects is prohibited.
Myanmar currency is known as ‘Kyats’. The present usable denominations are 10000, 5000, 1000,500,200,100 and 50 Kyats. As in many area of the country the US Dollars in cash is the most useful to bring along and it can be changed into local currency. Travelers’ cheques & International credit cards are NOT normally accepted. Some of the hotels & shops they accept by credit cards but due to the internet transaction 5%-7% of additional charges will be charged on your original amount. Other currencies are difficult to change. Banks are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and all public holidays.
Where To Stay
Visitors have a choice of accommodation from Budget Class Guest House to Deluxe Hotels. There are more than 600 hotels and guest houses all over the country. Room rates vary according to location, facilities, standard and service. Check the hotel listings available at Tourist Information Desks.
Travel & Tour
Licensed travel agencies can arrange for travel and tours to the tourist destinations. Travel to certain areas in Myanmar is restricted. Contact the Tourist Information Desks for your updated information.
Entrance fees are collected at the famous pagodas, temples, monasteries, museums, old palaces and archaeological zones. Tickets offices are at the sites.
Visitors are advised to avoid touts and use the services of licensed guides available at the licensed travel agencies.
You are advised to buy gems, jewelleries and silverware at the authorized gem-shops where you will be given a voucher with a permit for Export. Visitors are required to ignore touts who may approach you for offering guide services, for exchanging foreign currency into local currency or for selling gems of a doubtful nature. The offer may appear to be attractive but you could get into trouble and spoil your visit.
Duty Free Allowance
Duty free allowance is two bottles of liquor, two cartons of cigarettes, 100 cigars and half a litre of perfume.
No inoculations or vaccinations are required unless coming from or passing through an infected area.
220-230 Volts A.C
IDD telephones and fax facilities are available in most hotels
Theravada Buddhism is the predominant, with 80% of the people embracing it. Christianity, Islam and Hinduism are also practiced among the minority.
Myanmar is mother tongue but English is widely understood. Package Tours and F.I.T are allowed to Lashio through the inland route either by plane,train or car. Further to Muse, prior permission is required.
Visitors are welcome for more information about flight and train schedules, tours and travel services at down town Information Counter (252859), Yangon Airport (533154) or at the Branch Office in Mandalay (02-60356/ 60357), Bagan (061-65040) and Taunggyi (081-21611).
Our Company can assist in finding you the cheapest fares to each destination by domestic flights such as; Air Mandalay, Air Bagan, Air KBZ, Asia Wings and Yangon Airway.
Some Privileges Of M.T.T
- M.T.T is able to do as an authorized travel agency and should an international tourist and foreign traveller are desirous to make a tour in the restricted area, MTT can arrange the tour after getting prior permission from the authority concerned.
- MTT can take full responsibility while conducting the tour.
- In case a tourist wish to discuss and submit their ideas and points of view to the respective authorized persons, MTT is able to arrange the meeting.
- Our tour tariff is more attractive comparing to other travel agency.
- MTT can provide prompt emergency assistance should it be needed.
- MTT can give full guarantee to the satisfaction of our clients because our branch offices are situated in main tourist destinations and border check points as well.