Balloons over Bagan
Early in the morning, before sunrise, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of our carefully selected launch sites, which will give you the very best views of the thousands of temples and stupas that litter the plains of Bagan.
As you arrive on the site, our dedicated team welcomes you with freshly brewed coffee or tea, croissants and pastries. You will be escorted to your balloon basket where your pilot gives you a thorough safety briefing before commencing to inflate the balloon. Very soon it’s time to climb on board, rise gently into the morning skies, and greet the sunrise. Slowly and magnificently Bagan reveals its secrets.
The breathtaking site of stupa after stupa, in their hundreds, appearing through the delicate mist is quite unforgettable. Your pilot uses his skills and the ever changing breezes to navigate close to the most interesting temples.
A balloon flight is the best way to appreciate the entirety of the temple complex and it has been said that on one balloon flight you see far more temples than you would in three whole days from the ground.
Local children wave excitedly as you pass overhead and the traditional life style and housing of the friendly and hospitable Myanmar people is revealed.
As your flight comes to an end, the pilot guides his craft to a safe landing site, where our crew welcome you once again with helping hands. But the experience isn’t over yet and you are invited to celebrate, with your fellow passengers, as your pilot pops open a bottle of chilled sparkling wine and personally signs your flight certificates.
Enjoy your drink with some fresh fruit and spend a few more moments with us, whilst the crew pack away the balloon, and savour this magical landscape before being whisked back to your hotel where you will arrive in good time to enjoy your hotel’s breakfast.
Bagan’s balloons are an iconic symbol of the region, and provide best chance to travelers to experience an unforgettable birds-eye view of Bagan, Myanmar.
Ballooning season in Bagan runs from the beginning of October to the middle of April. Sunrise is when most rides are offered, as the cooler morning temperatures allow balloons to float closer to the ancient stupas for a more detailed glimpse.
- Personal pick up and drop off, with small size on and off road vehicles.
- Full Safety Briefing and viewing of pre-launch inflation from a dedicated viewing area, with hot beverages and light snacks.
- 45 min – 1hour balloon flight in a twelve passenger balloon in Bagan * a four or six passenger balloon in Mandalay, Inle Lake & Nagpali Beach, which will experience for a more exclusive, intimate and interactive flight.
- Sparkling wine and fresh fruit reception after landing, with presentation of personal flight certificate.
- Inflight photo service
Terms & Conditions
- Any passenger whose weight exceeds 125 kg / 280 pounds or any passenger who requires seating for two persons will be requested to pay a 100% surcharge on the ticket price.Failure to disclose the above weight information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, without refund.
- Children under the age of 8 years cannot be accepted to fly, children between 8 and 16 years will only be accepted if accompanied by a responsible adult. All children should be a minimum of 137 cm (4ft 5’’) tall.
- We have fully comprehensive international insurance cover for all passengers.
- For safety reasons, pregnant women will not be permitted to fly. We accept no liability for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition, or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by an authorized person of the company.
- The pilot-in-command has overall authority on the day and all passengers and crew must comply with his instructions. The pilot’s decision on all matters is final.
- Prior to boarding the aircraft, the pilot will give a full safety briefing to all passengers.
- All passengers must give the pilot their full attention and listen carefully to the briefing. (Filming of the briefing by a passenger is strictly prohibited) – If the passenger has not understood any part of the briefing, then he or she must make the pilot aware and ask for it to be explained.
- In order to guarantee your reservation; we accept non refundable deposit which would be 50 % of full payment through our Bank Account in Myanmar.
- The remaining balance must be settling upon your arrival.
To be noted that
Name list are required to send Ministry of Defence (Nay Pyi Taw) and early booking are safe for your guests.